THE BEST TOUR IN CHICAGO! Join Weird Chicago for the best tour in the city! We take you to both famous and little-known spots and behind the scenes of the greatest events in Chicago’s rich and wonderfully weird history. From haunted places to gangster hangouts, vanished history and crime scenes, we take you where no one else can. This isn’t just another ordinary tour — it’s an urban adventure that makes the past truly come alive! Come expecting the unexpected!
WELCOME TO WEIRD CHICAGO!
weird chicago prices
$35 Each (Adults)
$25 Each for Children 8-12
600 North Clark Street
Clark Street Side of McDonalds
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A WEIRD CHICAGO TOUR?
We’re not like any other tour in the Windy City — we’re the tour that other companies come to when they’re looking for ideas. Why don’t we offer an itinerary of our stops? Because we always want to want to keep you guessing! Plus, our tour often changes so that we can keep offering you a unique and exciting experience! We've been voted the "best tour in Chicago" for a reason, so see the schedule and join us soon!
CURRENT TOURS FROM WEIRD CHICAGO
HAUNTED HISTORY TOUR | CHICAGO'S BEST GHOST TOUR!
Not another boring tour with made-up legends and shoddy research, but a mixture of ghosts, gangsters, true stories, and everything else that makes our tour so great and has earned us so many fantastic reviews! Join us and experience Chicago’s many ghosts, haunted history, and all around strangeness! We don’t just drive past Chicago’s spooky places, we let you experience them first-hand! Often imitated, but never equaled, it’s a tour of the Windy City that you won’t soon forget!
* 3 Hours of Weird Chicago History & Hauntings at the City’s Spookiest Locations!
* Chicago’s Most Haunted Places & Authentic History
* On and Off the Bus throughout the evening
* All Ages Welcome
* Based on More 20 Years of Research and Writing
DEVIL & THE WHITE CITY TOUR | CHICAGO'S FIRST H.H. HOLMES TOUR!
Created by Weird Chicago in 2006 (and often imitated), this is the original tour that delves into the history, mystery, murder and mayhem of the American serial killer, H.H. Holmes and the World’s Columbia Exposition in Chicago in 1893. During the World’s Fair, Holmes operated the infamous “Murder Castle” and this was the first tour to take you on a journey back in time to not only the places where Holmes sought out and dispatched his victims, but also to take a look at the remnants of the spectacular fair and to get an inside look at Chicago in 1893 and what the world saw when it came to the Windy City! Even though other tours have followed in the wake of our creation, there is no other tour in Chicago like this one. Experience it with the company that started it all!
TRUE CRIME AND MYSTERY TOUR | THE CITY'S MOST MACABRE TOUR!
Join Weird Chicago for a walk on the dark side of the city during this grisly and chilling tour that explores the vintage and modern murders that have shaped Chicago history. This is not an ordinary crime tour but a look at the most depraved murders in the city’s history — and some of the darkest crimes ever committed. Take a trip back in time and revisit some of the bloodiest crimes of Chicago’s past, from the Lip-Stick Killer to the hunting grounds of John Wayne Gacy. Includes death sites, crime scenes and haunts of some of Chicago’s most depraved killers!
BLOOD, GUNS & VALENTINES GANGSTER TOUR | AN AUTHENTIC "PUBLIC ENEMIES" TOUR
Join us for a “Bloody Chicago” ghosts and crime tour as we explore gangland sites, death scenes and the city’s grisliest and most famous crime spots. We’ll revisit not only the Capone and gangster sites of yesterday but horrific tales of blood and horror from Chicago’s haunted past from the St. Valentine’s Day Massacre to famous gangster hangouts, death sites, murder scenes and much more! No cheesy costumes and phony theatrics — just the most authentic gangster tour in the city as we get on and off the bus at the Windy City's most famous crime scenes!
ROARING ’20S SPEAKEASY TOUR | THE PROHIBITION TOUR OF WHAT MADE CHICAGO WILD!
It's the booze, jazz and gangsters that made 1920s Chicago roar! An adults-only (Gotta be 21 to drink in the pubs) tour of Chicago’s most famous crime and gangster hangouts, the history of booze and Prohibition in the city and the famous Red Light Districts that made the Windy City notorious all over the world! We travel back in time to the time when booze was illegal in America -- but always flowing in Chicago, so get ready to have some fun! Experience the sleazy and sinister side of Prohibition-Era Chicago as we prowl the city streets in search of the remnants of the Roaring ’20s with bar stops, crime scenes, and more! Check the Schedule for our Once-A-Month Prohibition Pub Crawl!
COMING IN SUMMER 2018!
DILLINGER AND THE CENTURY OF PROGRESS TOUR | AMERICA'S FAVORITE GANGSTER AND THE 1933 WORLD'S FAIR!
Come along on the wild ride of John Dillinger during the last two years of his bank-robbing career and discover the remaining pieces of the Century of Progress - Chicago's 1933 World's Fair! See gangster hangouts and crime scenes and get an inside look at the World's Fair that celebrated the city's first century -- from the "Rainbow City" to Sally Rand, Comiskey Park, Zeppelins, and cigarette-smoking robots -- and take a look at a part of Chicago history that has been hidden for too many years! Coming Soon!
RETURNING THIS SUMMER!
THE AL CAPONE DAYDRINKER'S PUB CRAWL RETURNS FOR 2018: Weird Chicago's Summer-Only tour takes adults (21 and older only) on a Prohibition history pub crawl to some of Chicago's coolest -- and most notorious -- bars! Stops may include the only bar openly operated by Al Capone during Prohibition, complete with secret escape tunnels; the first bar to open after the Great Chicago Fire; a former soda shop that was home to "Prohibition Willie's Speakeasy;" and many others! This is your chance to take a uncrowded look at places too busy to see at night -- and to see a side of "Hidden Chicago" that few ever get to see! Check out June, July and August Dates on the Schedule and Join us for a fun afternoon of history and hooch!
WEIRD CHICAGO TOURS GENERAL INFORMATION
- See the public tour schedule above or arrange a private tour for your group! Call us questions at 217-791-7859! All Reservations made online!
- The Weird Chicago Tours run about 3 hours in length. We travel all over the city and we do get on and off the bus throughout the tour. We use air-conditioned and heated buses, but are frequently off the bus, so be sure to dress for the weather! We do not offer an itinerary or list of stops for the tour. It can sometimes change and sadly, other companies copy our tours so we’d rather keep that info to ourselves and share it with our guests during the tour! Just come expecting the unexpected and you'll be glad you did!
- Children over the age of 10 are welcome on the tours, but it’s not recommended for kids under the age of 10. Sorry, no babies or infants in strollers. No one under the age of 21 is allowed on our pub crawls or the Roaring ’20s Tour!
- We do not allow alcohol to be brought aboard the bus for public tours but do encourage guests to purchase drinks at the pubs where we stop on the tour! Any intoxicated guest who interferes with other guests, or the operation of the tour, will be barred from the tour. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- Private Tours Are Available for Groups up to 55 and as low as 14 (and anywhere in-between) people and we can customize your tour to fit the needs of your party or you can choose from one of the tours that we offer! These Weird Tours are great for bachelorette parties, private groups and corporate events! CLICK HERE FOR PRIVATE TOUR INFO!
- All Reservations for public tours are sold on a first come/ first served basis and we do not offer refunds for unused reservations. Credit toward future tours may be offered if we receive a minimum of 48 hours advance notice! There is no guarantee on this, so please try and keep the dates for which reservations are made, if possible! We are only able to reschedule you once per reservation.
Want to Know the Stories that Inspired the Weird Chicago Tours?
WEIRD CHICAGO | BLOOD, GUNS & VALENTINES | MURDER BY GASLIGHT | BY TROY TAYLOR
Troy Taylor’s Article on Chicago’s Most Elusive Ghost — including History, Sightings & Who Mary Might Actually Be!
The St. Valentine’s Day Massacre
4-Part Series on Gangland Murders and the Lingering Spirits — and Possible Curse — of this Bloody Event!
The Iroquois Theater Fire
The Chicago Night When the Show Did Not Go On! The True Story of One of the City’s Most Haunted Places!
Farewell to the Grimes Sisters
The Tragic End of Innocence in Chicago. Relive the Horrific Disappearance, Gruesome Murders & Ghosts Left in the Wake
The Our Lady Of Angels Fire
Chicago’s Lost Innocence in 1958
The Green Mill
History of Chicago’s Greatest Nightclub and “Machine Gun Jack” McGurn
The Eastland Disaster
One of Chicago’s Greatest Disasters and the ghosts left behind!
Fort Dearborn Massacre
How the City of Chicago was born in blood!
The Sausage Vat Murder
The Tragic Tale of Louisa Luetgert
Screaming Lizzie, Chicago Avenue Mary & Other Roadside Ghosts
Chicago’s “other” vanishing hitchhiker
Chicago’s Thrill Killers
The “Perfect Crime” of the Infamous Leopold & Loeb!
The Haunting of Al Capone
The Bloody Life of Chicago’s Greatest Gangster and the Ghost that Hounded him to his Grave!
The Car Barn Bandits
History & Hauntings of Chicago’s Last Outlaws!
Chicago’s Haunted Police Stations
A Gathering of Ghosts from the early 1900s!
Chicago’s First “One-Way Ride”
The Lost Story of Billy Bate
The World Came to Chicago
The World’s Columbian Exposition of 1893